September this year was an exceptionally work-charged month. With two busy, workaholic professionals making our small family, we lunge at getaway opportunities like children having an uninhibited go at a jar of cookies. And the sweetest bit of serendipity – this tiny window of getaway opportunity was perfectly lined with an extended weekend!
A quick search through the PlushEscapes destinations brought up an option that was a ‘Yes’ on all we sought. A couple of hours drive away from the city, a beautiful swimming pool, an in-house spa, a quaint library, great dining options, and an all suites property! Rhythm Lonavala sounded perfect.
The resort design is heavily influenced by traditional Asian-Colonial architecture. We checked into the Banya Suite, an elegant accommodation with a spacious living room and a comfortable and cozy master bedroom. The living room has a dining space, where a table laden with a basket of fresh fruits, artisanal chocolates and crisp biscotti awaited us. A small kitchenette area was stocked with tea and coffee making provisions. A large spa- styled bathroom with a walk-in rain shower completed the luxurious setting. But the cherry on top is the private outdoor area with a soothing view of the resort’s pool. Our suite exuded opulence while still giving us the warmth and comfort of an extremely thoughtfully done home.
Now the trouble with a place so beautiful is that it’s a pain leaving such a gorgeous room, even for lunch. The husband wanted to settle in with a book and some music. I vetoed the decision, having heard so many good things about the food served at The Tree house, Rhythm’s multi-cuisine café. We walked in to witness an extensive spread, with an open kitchen buzzing with activity. Rhythm delightfully defies the standard buffet de rigueur of setting out pre-cooked dishes that tend to go stale with every passing minute. The food was made fresh and served piping hot at our table, as the husband and I wolfed down one of the best soups we have had at a resort ‘buffet’, if you can call it that.
Post lunch, we decided to explore the lovely poolside. Adorned by fruit-bearing trees, and with a separate lagoon for the kids, Rhythm’s poolside is the perfect place to lounge around with a cocktail, or just dive in for a quick swim. After a short walk around the courtyard, we headed back to our deck for some drinks.
Late evening, we headed out to Cedar, the trendy lounge on the third floor for a tempting menu of cocktails. A mezze platter and some fabulous dimsumsand kebabslater, we shifted to the outside space of Cedar, loving every moment spent in the gloriously lit up space. The lounge itself is reminiscent of old English pubs, complete with wooden chairs and Chesterfield sofas. A word on the perfectly charred seekh kebabs – certainly the best I have had in a while. Rhythm sure knows how to indulge all your senses!
Sleep came late that night. And when we did get to sleep, it was a relaxing, comfortable one. You sleep like royalty in crisp white sheets spread on a perfectly made king sized bed, with an elegant headboard straight out of a premium luxury magazine.
The breakfast spread urges you to stay in that laid back state. Cold cuts, fresh juices, smoothies, cereals, fresh cut fruits, and an elaborate spread of continental and Indian flavours help you tank up on the fuel you need to enjoy all the activities the resort has to offer. If the city fatigue is still clinging to you, head to the spa for a selection of individual or couple therapies, or work off the extra calories at the gym. Or, like we did, go for a relaxing swim. For families with children, there is a playroom on Level 3 that has enough games and activities to keep the little ones engaged.
Every PlushEscapes destination I have been to has a wholesome combination of luxury and the choicest service standards – which is what makes each one of them perfect value-for-money destinations. Rhythm Lonavala ties in perfectly with those ethos, and was an overall memorable and enchanting experience.
- Rhythm Lonavala is a perfect place for a family or couple getaway. It’s located on the main road in Lonavala, and just a couple of hours drive from Mumbai or Pune.
- The food here is a great plus. We were informed that the management chooses the buffets based on the guests’ profiles and reflecting their preferences.
- While Lonavala has pleasant weather throughout the year, monsoon and winters are the best time to visit. During winters, the temperatures can fall, and you will need some light woollens. Monsoons in Lonavala can see heavy rainfall, but it’s the perfect time for long, romantic walks.
- All suites have Wi-Fi, and you can call the reception for your password. Throughout the stay, we experienced no connection breakdown or slowdown in the speed.
- I suggest staying at Rhythm Lonavala for at least 2 nights – it’s the perfect base for exploring Lonavala while also relaxing at the resort itself.
- Rooms are clean, spacious, elegantly decorated, and extremely comfortable.Suite rates and more information on www.plushescapes.com
Click here for reservations.